You don’t have to be wealthy to benefit from estate planning. Virtually everyone should have a plan of their own, one created by an attorney who focuses on this specialized area of the law.
The fact is, without your own plan, the state of Arizona will control how your assets are distributed after you pass away. The Arizona probate court simply follows established guidelines in distributing assets. The court is not concerned with ensuring your wishes are carried out, minimizing costs and streamlining the estate settlement process.
With a customized plan you can also ensure that a person of your choosing has the authority to make medical and financial decisions on your behalf if you become incapacitated. Without an estate plan, someone will need to petition the court to name a guardian for you. The guardianship process can take a very long time and cost a great deal of money. Worse, the court might give someone you would never have chosen yourself the authority to make important decisions on your behalf.
You estate plan can help you accomplish even more. Depending on your unique needs and goals, we can design a customized, comprehensive plan that allows you to:
- Protect assets against divorce, remarriage, lawsuits and other threats
- Avoid probate and keep your family’s financial and other information private
- Significantly reduce estate, income, gift, excise and generation skipping taxes
- Pass your values, work ethic and a sense of responsibility to heirs
- Leave a lasting legacy and impact on society
- Enjoy greater peace of mind knowing that you have a plan for the future
To accomplish goals like these, we will take the time to gain a thorough understanding of your concerns and hopes for the future. Only then will we design and implement a customized plan to address every single one of them. We will also be available to maintain your plan over time, so that it addresses changes in your financial situation, personal relationships, health and more. Contact us today to schedule a personal meeting.